PVAW 2018 Conference
PVAW 2018 Conference
The 2019 Conference is on the way!
The 2018 Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women Conference was sold out. Read about it below.
Contact DVRCV PIP team for more information.
2018 Conference infromation
This one-day conference was an opportunity for leaders, policy makers and professionals working to prevent violence against women to gain a deeper understanding of the Respectful Relationships intiative's implementation to date and consider what systems need to be in place to embed primary prevention initiatives in workplaces, universities, primary health, sports or media.
It was a fantastic networking opportunity with exceptional speakers. The day included panel discussions and plenary sessions about planning and statewide design, connecting with the response service system, community partnerships and communication and backlash.
- Natalie Hutchins – Minister for Industrial Relations, Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, Minister for Women, Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence
- Emily Maguire – Chief Executive Officer, DVRCV
- Katy Haire – Deputy Secretary, Early Childhood and School Education Group, Department of Education and Training
- Jan Tracey – Training Coordinator, Gippsland Women's Health
- Cara Gleeson – Manager of Policy and Projects, Children and Young People, Our Watch
- Regina Quiazon – Senior Research and Policy Advocate, Multicultural Centre for Women's Health
- Cameron McLeod – General Manager, Community Engagement, North Melbourne Football Club
- Helen Cunningham – Director, Services and Operations, Queen Elizabeth Centre
- Alison Macdonald – Policy and Program Manager, Domestic Violence Victoria
- Lyn Walker – Prevention of Violence Against Women Consultant
- Jeremy Ludowyke – Principal, Melbourne High School
- Simone Tassone – Policy Officer, No To Violence
- Jessica Maxwell – Counsellor Advocate, Primary Prevention Officer, CASA House
- Felicity Rorke – Director, Workforce Development, DVRCV
- Krista Seddon – Director, Prevention of Violence Against Women, DVRCV