List of Victorian services
- Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service of Victoria (WDVCSV)
- Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)
- Domestic Violence Outreach Services (metropolitan)
- Domestic Violence Outreach Services (regional and rural)
- Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria
- Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE)
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria (WLSV)
- Seniors Rights Victoria
- Men’s Referral Service
- Child Protection Crisis Line
- Action Centre
- Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV)
- Gay and Lesbian Switchboard
Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service of Victoria
Crisis telephone support, information about options and developing a safety plan, referral to safe accommodation (refuge) for women experiencing abuse in their relationships.
24 hour crisis support: (03) 9322 3555 or country toll free 1800 015 188
Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)
Crisis support, counselling, information for people who have been sexually assaulted as adults or as children.
CASA House (03) 9635 3610 or after hours state-wide Sexual Assault Crisis Line (SACL) 1800 806 292
To find your nearest CASA, visit the CASA website (will open in a new window)
Domestic Violence Outreach Services
For women and children who are enduring or escaping from a violent partner. Contact times are usually within business hours. Support workers specifically for children may be available through your local service.
They give practical support and information on:
- safe accommodation options
- getting legal advice
- accessing financial entitlements
- referrals to counselling and other services.
Metropolitan Domestic Violence Outreach Services: all 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
- Eastern Metro Region: ph 9259 4200
- Northern Metro Region: ph 9450 4700
- Southern region: ph 9536 7777 and 1800 627 727 (after hours general crisis line)
- Mornington Peninsula: ph 5971 9454
- Western Metro: ph 9689 9588
- WAYSS housing and support services Cranbourne: ph 5990 6789
- WAYSS Dandenong: ph 9791 6111
- WAYSS Frankston: ph 9781 4658
- WAYSS Narre Warren: ph 9703 0044
- WAYSS Pakenham: ph 5945 3200
Rural and Regional Domestic Violence Outreach Services
Barwon South West Region
- Geelong ph 5224 2903
- Warrnambool ph 5561 1934
- Hamilton ph 5571 1778 (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Terang ph 5592 1172
- Camperdown ph 5593 1892
- Portland ph 5521 7937 (Monday and Wednesday)
- Casterton ph 5581 2109
- Bairnsdale ph 5152 0052
- Leongatha ph 5662 4502 (freecall 1800 221 200)
- Warragul ph 5622 7000
- Morwell ph 5120 2000
- Lakes Entrance ph 5152 0052
- Horsham ph 5362 1200
- Ballarat ph 5333 3666
- Stawell ph 5358 7400
- Ararat ph 5352 6200
- Shepparton ph 5823 3200 or 5821 9458
- Broadford ph 5784 5555
- Wangaratta ph 5722 2203
- Wodonga ph (02) 6022 8888
Loddon Mallee region
- Mildura ph 5021 2130
- Bendigo ph 5443 4945 or 1800 884 038
- Swan Hill ph 5033 1899
Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (you’re on our website now)
Information and referral to local services and support groups. Note: we do not provide counselling.
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm ph (03) 9486 9866
Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence
Monday – Friday 9am -5pm, ph (03) 9413 6500 or Freecall 1800 755 988
inTouch website (will open in a new window)
Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE)
Information, support and referral for women, including referral to counselling.
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday ph 1300 134 130 or TTY 13 36 77
Women’s Information Centre open: 210 Lonsdale St, Melbourne, 10.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
WIRE website (will open in a new website)
Women’s Legal Service Victoria (WLSV)
For women in Victoria who are in need of legal advice, information or referral, irrespective of income or assets.
Monday and Friday 10am – 1pm, Tuesday and Thursday 6.30pm – 8.30pm, Wednesday 2pm – 5pm.
Legal Advice Line (03) 9642 0877 or (free call statewide) 1800 133302
WLSV website (will open in a new window)
Seniors Rights Victoria
Seniors Rights Victoria provides information, support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and safeguard the rights, dignity and independence of older people. Services include a Helpline, specialist legal services, short-term support and advocacy for individuals and community education.
Ph. 1300 368 821 10am – 5pm, Mon-Fri
Seniors Rights Victoria website (will open in a new window)
Men’s Referral Service
An anonymous and confidential telephone service provided for men by men. For men wanting to stop violent or abusive behaviour towards their family members, but are not sure how or where to go for advice. Many women also call the Men’s Referral Service seeking information and help for their male partner, husband, relative or friend.
9am – 9pm Monday – Friday, ph (03) 9428 2899 or STD Freecall 1800 065 973
Men’s Referral Service website (will open in a new window)
Child Protection Crisis Line
Report concerns of child sexual abuse.
Statewide free call (24 hours) Ph 131 278
General and sexual assault counselling, referrals and medical services for young people.
Ph (03) 9660 4700 or country Toll Free ph 1800 013 952.
Visit Level 1, 94 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Action Centre website (will open in a new window)
Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV)
An organisation made up of women with disabilities who support women with disabilities to achieve their rights in Victoria.
Phone (03) 9286 7800 9am – 5pm, Mon – Thurs
WDV website (will open in a new window)
Gay and Lesbian Switchboard
Telephone counselling for lesbians and gay men, referral to face to face counselling and other services.
Mon – Thurs 6pm – 10pm (Wed 2 – 10pm)
Fri, Sat, Sun & Public Hols 6 – 9pm
ph (03) 9663 2939 (Melbourne), 1800 184 527 (Regional Victoria & Tasmania)
Gay & Lesbian Switchboard website (will open in a new window)