There is currently one advertised job opportunity available at DVRCV:
- A full time (negotiable), 2 year fixed term contract (SCHCADS Level 7) with flexible working hours, generous professional development and excellent career pathways as a part of a passionate and committed team
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Generous leave entitlements and salary packaging are available
The Senior Advisor, Policy and Advocacy is responsible for leading the development of DVRCV’s policy responses and advocacy strategy. The role will develop strategic, innovative, evidence based policy solutions that contribute to DVRCV’s mission and strategy and will also be responsible for designing innovative and creative advocacy strategies that facilitate the adoption of these policy solutions.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this new role will work closely with DVRCV’s Senior Leadership Team as well as collaborate with DVRCV’s key stakeholders to ensure evidence based, collaborative and strategic advocacy and policy responses to prevention and response reforms currently underway in Victoria.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or of 4 - 5 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience in public policy or advocacy roles
- Knowledge of the Victorian family violence prevention and response policy and reform context
- Knowledge of key primary prevention and response frameworks and standards
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a variety of purposes
- Knowledge of advocacy frameworks
- Experience in working directly with or within government
- Basic research skills, including the ability to gather evidence to support policy positions
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to interact professionally and confidently with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Effective organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision
If you have any inquiries or for a confidential discussion please contact Emily Maguire, CEO on (03) 8346 5200 or email@example.com.
To apply for the role, email a current CV (including 3 referees) and a two page response to the position description and the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If shortlisted, applicants will be required to attend an interview at DVRCV’s office in Carlton between 9am and 12pm on Thursday 16th August.
Application closing date: Tuesday 14th August, 1pm.
Download a copy of the key responsiblities and key selection criteria (PDF).
DVRCV has an Equal Opportunity Exemption to employ only women (H15/2014).
DVRCV encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women with disabilities and LGBTIQ women.