Family Violence Counselling and Support Service
The Family Violence Counselling and Support Service (FVCSS) is a partner in the Tasmanian Safe at Home initiative. FVCSS works together with Tasmania Police, the Court Support and Liaison Service and other key agencies to contribute to a violence free community.
The FVCSS provides the following services:
- Information, counselling and support
- Information and support to family and friends
- Arranging assistance from the police
- Assistance in organising a safe place to stay
- Assistance in accessing limited financial assistance
- Referrals to Legal Aid and/or Court Support
- Act as an advocate in accessing assistance, e.g. Housing Tasmania, Centrelink
- Liaison with Government and non-government sector on behalf of clients
- Participation in weekly case coordination with other Safe at Home providers
- Therapeutic services, individually and in groups.
The Family Violence Counselling and Support Service is free and is available to anyone who needs support or information because their partner or ex-partner is or has been violent or abusive to them. People can self refer, or be referred by another person or service. Services are available to people in heterosexual and same-sex relationships.
1800 608 122