Running for respect a success in 2014!
Thank you and congratulations to all our supporters and participants in this year's Run Melbourne, which was held this past Sunday, 27 July 2014.
Fortunately for Run Melbourne, Melbourne turned on beautiful weather for us, and an equally beautiful show of support from the many thousands who came along to support this wonderful community event.
For Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria, and our resident Run Melbourne team the DVRCV Divas, 2014 was the year of many firsts, building on momentum gained in previous years:
- We had a marquee at the event
- We all donned a Divas Run Melbourne commemorative event tshirts
- We were able to take some video footage at the event
- We were able to showcase our great new organisational brochure – over 300 were distributed on the day
- We made some further connections with Corporate supporters - including Bendigo Bank (Clifton Hill) who had a team of 8 running in support of our work.
- The first year that Mandy and Jen took the 10km run option - impressive
So thanks to all workers and Governance Group Members who were able to participate and help promote our work, while having some fun and fitness in the process.
Special mention to everyone that was able to help prepare for the marquee in the week leading up to the event.
It was touching to have many people approach the DVRCV marquee and express gratitude to us for having a presence at the event. People that approached the marquee included survivors of family violence, men and women that work in the community sector, people interested in our training, the general public, people interested in supporting us at next year’s run, and current clients that wanted to say hi. There were also many people that were grateful to get a refreshing towelette and some guilt-free lollies after their run.
Overall the Divas and other runners who supported us have so far raised over $7000. While we're very happy to have gotten this far, we would be thrilled to make it over a second finish line - our $10,000 goal for 2014. You can still donate to our DVRCV Divas to help get us there.
See you there in 2015!