Legal Aid NSW
Legal Aid NSW provides legal services to disadvantaged clients across NSW in most areas of criminal, family and civil law.
- Free confidential face to face legal advice on most legal issues.
- Legal representation for eligible clients, provided through duty services and case grants for ongoing representation
- Family dispute resolution services to parties in a family law dispute
- Free workshops and webinars for the public and community organisations
- Free legal information written in plain English to help people resolve their legal problems
- Specialist services for particular groups in the community.
Legal Aid NSW works in partnership with private lawyers who receive funding from Legal Aid NSW to represent their clients.
Legal Aid NSW has a central office in Sydney and 21 offices in metropolitan and regional NSW.
LawAccess NSW Helpline 1300 888 529