Legal Aid Western Australia
We aim to:
- help people to resolve their legal problems as soon as possible
- make it easier for people to get legal help especially if they belong to a disadvantaged group
- help people find alternatives to going to court
- give a high quality legal service.
We provide information, advice and other legal help. The type and amount of help you will get depends on your finances, your legal problem and our resources.
Information services: through our telephone information line, community legal education, this website and a range of publications and kits.
- Legal advice: through our duty lawyers at court or legal advice sessions, either face to face, over the telephone or by video conference to people in remote areas.
- Minor assistance: through solicitors or paralegal advisors who can help you negotiate, write letters, draft documents or prepare to represent yourself in court.
- Legal representation: through lawyers working for Legal Aid WA as well as private lawyers. Only people with incomes and assets below a certain level get their own lawyer.
We also provide specialist services through our:
- Dispute Resolution Unit
- Family Court
Telephone InfoLine 1300 650 579
Perth Office: (08) 9261 6222
Perth Office: 32 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000