Relationships Australia Canberra & Region
At Relationships Australia Canberra & Region we believe that everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships, whether these relationships are in our personal lives or at work. Our journey through life is not always straight forward, navigating work environments and relationships can be tough.
We are passionate about delivering practical outcomes for any issue impacting on you or your relationships in all domains of your life, including partners, parents, siblings, friends, work colleagues or children. We work with individuals, couples, families and communities to work through life's challenges.
Our services are for all members of our community regardless of religious belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
Our services have developed to include:
- Counselling, for individuals, couples, and families.
- Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution, for separating parents and carers, post separation and workplace mediation
- Specialist Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) services, including counselling for women, men and children experiencing or exposed to DFV; behaviour change programs including separate group programs for men who use violent and controlling behaviours, women with difficulties managing anger and strong emotions; Non-violent Resistance: for the parents of young people exhibiting violent and abusive behaviours, and RAGE – Re-navigating Anger and Guilty Emotions for adolescents.
- Specialist trauma counselling and support services, including ‘Find and Connect’ service for forgotten Australians, support services for The Royal Commission into Institutionalised Responses to Child Sexual Abuse;
- ACT Child, Youth and Family therapeutic support, including counselling and kinship care services for vulnerable families in high levels of distress;
- Workplace services, including counselling, mediation and consultation services to a wide range of organisations across the region;
- Specialist education programs and groups, including programs for young Aboriginal men, school based programs, building better relationships and pre-marital education programs;
- ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Services;
- Riverina Murray Family Referral Service - the FRS provides information and link vulnerable children, young people and their families to a range of support services in their local areas; and
- Wagga Wagga Children's Contact Service provides safe supervised visits and change-overs for parents/carers where there is risk of conflict or safety concerns.
(02) 6122 7100
15 Napier Close, Deakin, ACT, 2600