Seniors Legal and Support Service (SLASS)
SLASS is part of Caxton Legal Centre.
The service can assist where the exploitation or abuse is taking place as part of a family or informal care relationship. Clients should be over the age of 60, or 50 in the case of Indigenous clients.
Get in touch if you are an older person experiencing or at risk of experiencing abuse, or if you are concerned about someone that you know. All contact with SLASS is confidential and free.
The service can:
- provide information, advice and support regarding elder abuse, mistreatment or financial exploitation
- provide short-term counselling
- provide information on your legal rights
- refer you to other legal, consumer and support services
- in certain circumstances, represent you in court or before tribunals
- provide community education.
(07) 3214 6333
1 Manning Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101