Top End Women's Legal Service (TEWLS)
Top End Women’s Legal Service (TEWLS) is a community legal service providing high quality, proactive, holistic and culturally appropriate legal advice, casework, community legal education, and advocacy to women living in the Greater Darwin region.
We provide legal advice, casework assistance and representative services in a number of areas of law, including:
- Family law
- Domestic and family violence
- Housing and tenancy
- Consumer law
- Debts, fines and welfare rights
- Sexual assault
- Compensation for victims of crime
- Complaints about government and other services.
TEWLS does not give legal advice on criminal law, immigration law or commercial law matters, and is unable to draft wills, where we are able to provide relevant referral points for these services.
TEWLS provides outreach services through regular visits to the following communities and locations:
- Knuckey's Lagoon
- Palmerston Indigenous Village
- Acacia Larrakia
- Dawn House Women's Shelter
- Royal Darwin Hospital
- Darwin Correctional Centre
- Adult Migrant English Program, Charles Darwin University
If you have a legal problem and wish to get legal advice, please contact us for an appointment, on (08) 8982 3000 or freecall 1800 234 441 or visit us at 2/17 Lindsay Street, Darwin 0801 NT.
Phone: (08) 8982 3000
Freecall: 1800 234 441
2/17 Lindsay Street, Darwin NT